antivirus and vista

I have been using  nod32 antivirus for years. It is fast, reliable and gives me exactly functionality and tool set I need most. For example feature  that allow you to setup a password for administrative purpose against your little brother or some smart virus is just brilliant.

So… Nod32 antivirus or Smart security (including ver. 2.7, 3 or 4) are perfect for Windows XP IMHO. But after move to Windows Vista I faced with unpredictable use of CPU time up to 100% by EKRN.EXE process that seems to be kernel of Nod32 Antivirus module. Support site of Nod (especially nod32 Russia) gave me a lot of advices such us “uninstall MS SQL server”, “uninstall Spybot Search and Destroy” and some other which lead me to one particular decision: customer care in this particular company sucks and I am not going to play around why Vista and Nod are incompatible.

Second good product I can recommend is Seagate personal firewall. It is part of Norton Internet security for now and independent product in the past. I used to use 5.6.0.2808 which actually is unsupported any more nor by Seagate neither Norton. But you still can find it in Internet(use Google). And this firewall is treated by Vista as legacy software.

I came up with 2 solutions for now:

  1. primitive: AVG free edition + Vista 2-way firewall
  2.  Comodo internet security 

Both are free of charge.

I regret but use if 2-way Vista firewall is complicated as I not always  get informed which application/service is blocked---there is no pop-up, so second solution is much better.

Popular posts from this blog

М.Н. Задорнов о фильмах Дух Времени и Правильное образование